Why is it Important to Maintain Your Roof?
It protects you, your property and your belongings 24/7. But how often do you think about your roof?
Your roof protects your property against wind, rain, snow, hail and heat. Your roof is subjected to harsh northern weather and elements which can contribute to its damage and deterioration over the years-more so if your roof is not in good condition.
The main cause of roof problems is a poorly maintained roof. Your roof is one of the most critical parts of your building and requires regular inspection, maintenance and repair. Roof damage can happen from noticeable events like wind, snow, hail and falling tree branches. Obvious damage can often be spotted from the ground, but sometimes a roof survey is the best way of monitoring the condition of your roof.
If regular roof maintenance is overlooked the lifespan of your roof may be reduced. With proper maintenance, your roof can last for many years, it can out last you, depending on the materials and workmanship.
Why is roof maintenance important?
- Increases the lifespan of your roof-It good practice to have a regular roof inspection
- Kerb appeal- a well maintained roof increases your property value and saleability
- Faulty gutters -do not drain properly, a major cause of damp issues
- Roof mould and algae- can prematurely age your roof
- Roof maintenance saves you money-emergency roof work can be costly
- Maintenance can resolve minor problems before they become huge problems
- Peace of mind-you do not need to worry about your roof if it is well maintained
Farington Roofing is an Experienced Roofer Based in Lancashire
Jeff Nelson is a specialist roofer with almost 40 years’ experience in the roofing trade. Based in Lancashire and providing roofing services to homes and businesses across the Lancashire and beyond. Serving customers in the local areas of Nelson, Chorley, Preston, Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, and beyond. Specialising in all aspects of roofing, from a simple roof repair to a full new roof installation. Just get in touch for a free quote or advice.
Tel: 01257 272 084
Mob: 07776 236 289