Modern Felt Roofing Techniques
Polyester Roofing Felt is available in a range of colours and styles, traditionally it is more known for use on non-habitable buildings, such as sheds, summer houses, kennels and hutches. Advancements in technology now mean it is suitable for use on any flat roof to your property including garages, outhouses, extensions, conversions, bay windows and much more.
Developments in products including bitumen and modified bitumen technology have resulted in enhanced resistance to UV damage, splitting and cracking. This type of felt roof provides a weatherproof, hard wearing roof in a huge range of different styles and finishes, suitable for any felt flat roof area. Farington Roofing use high-quality, BS compliant, polyester roofing felt which guarantees a durable watertight roof for many years to come.
How often does a felt roof need replacing?
Modern felt roofs can last up to 20 years and more, best quality materials combined with almost 40 years craftmanship means that our roofs are made to last!!!
If your original felt flat roof has failed, we recommend replacing it with a modern felt roof by Farington roofing.
Some signs of felt roof failure include:
- Expansion, contraction and exposure to the elements, can cause old felt to lose elasticity
- Brittle old felt can form bumps and pool water which freezes and expand and crack
- Lifting at the joints or seams joints can be due to poor materials, workmanship, age
- Trapped moisture can expand with the heat and lift the felt causing blisters
- If your roof is leaking at the join to a wall it could be a case of flashing replacement
Experienced Felt Roofer
With almost 40 years’ experience, Farington Roofing is available in the local areas of Nelson, Chorley, Leyland, Preston, Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, Wakefield and more. All roof work undertaken including residential and commercial properties.
Please feel free to contact me on 07776 236 289 or 01257 272 084 to arrange a survey and a FREE quote.